One night during our trip, we decided to head into the City of Old San Juan. This is our third time visiting Puerto Rico & visiting Old San Juan is always one of my favorite things to do. They have so many cute shops & fun restaurants. Read a few more of my top Puerto Rico recommendations after the break!
This look was giving me serious Angelina Jolie leg fever. Can you tell? :) I love the cut of this dress - from the high halter neck to the fabulous leg slits. It is the perfect, airy dress for an 80 degree night.
Dress: Free People (similar) | Sandals: Michael Kors (this season) | Jewelry: Forever 21 | Bathing Suits: Victoria's Secret | Sunglasses: Ray Ban
5 Things to Do in Puerto Rico:
1. Wander around Old San Juan - The scenic photos above were taken in the City of Old San Juan. It is such a pretty & historic little area full of great little souvenir shops & some of the yummiest restaurants. It is the perfect area to relax & walk around after a long day.
2. Spend a day in the Rain Forest - This was not our first trip to Puerto Rico, so we did not visit the rain forest this year, but we have in the past & it is so amazing! Plus, how many times does a person get to say they visited a rain forest? I'm guessing not many...
3. Visit a Castle! - This isn't exactly Cinderella's castle, but it's definitely a castle none the less. Castillo San Felipe del Morro is a 16th century fort turned museum right on the water in San Juan. Lighthouses, dungeons & cannons included.
4. Check out Bio Bay - This one, we REALLY wanted to do, but it sells out fast, so unfortunately, we were out of luck. This excursion takes you on a tour through the glowing waters of Bio Bay. How? The half plant/half animal organisms in the water emit a bluish color at night lighting up the entire bay. Pretty neat, huh?
5. Relax on the beach - If nothing else, make sure you grab a good book, a cold drink & RELAX. The white sands & blue ocean are the perfect location for relaxation, so I highly recommend taking advantage of it!